--=this blogsite is best viewed with the latest Mozilla Firefox=--

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Rate: Two Out of Five Stars

Yup, that's my rate for the sixth movie. I've seen it tonight, last full show at City Centre in Doha, Qatar and to my dismay, I personally rated it with just two out of five stars.

I rushed on my way out of the studio to get tickets at the mall so I can finally watch the film that I waited to see for a long time. When I got at City Centre with my honey and a good friend of ours, Pia, I made sure that we're going to get the best spot so we can enjoy the movie. The movie house was empty when we took our reserved seats at the middle, and I was hoping that the lights would close immediately. We laughed at the thought that we might be able to finish our bucket of popcorn before the movie starts. Well, after fifteen long minutes, the movie finally began.

The beginning was breath taking. I'm sure you will agree with me. But some HP fans will be disappointed when Harry sort of liked this girl at a little underground restaurant, and even considered going out with her. From then on, more parts from the book were cut, including the best ones, until the very end of the movie, even when Dumbledore died. The funeral scene which made me cry was not shown, when Hagrid rescued his dog from his burning hut, Ginny and Harry and Ron and Hermione's snoggings and all that...

What disappointed me more was that the kissing scenes were almost cut. Maybe because it is really not allowed here in Qatar that's why snogging scenes were not shown. When Ginny kissed Harry at the room of requirement, it was just one second! Lavender and Ron's snogging took a second to last. Imagine that? So, I don't really know what else were cut from the movie. I wish I could get the DVD copy soon, the uncut version.

This movie is not worth watching. I advise you lot to read the book instead. But I appreciate the efforts of everyone behind the film, the cast and the crew. For those who did not read the book, I'm sure this movie is great for them. My honey cried when Dumbledore died at the end (while my eyebrow was raised because of disappointment). She did not read any of the books, she liked the movie somehow. She said that the movie was obviously squeezed to fit in more or less 3 hours. So, for a non-reader of the HP books, she has a lot of questions about each scenes. I had to answer them one by one so she can understand. A good film must have no hole at all. Well, for people like my honey, a non-HP fan, she gives the movie two stars.

I hope in the last movie, the Deathly Hallows, every scene from the book must be shown in the film because all are very important. I hope to see Dobby, the whole Weasley family with Fleur Delacour, the Dursley's, the Dumbledore's army including Cho Chang, and the trio's kids at Hogwarts Express. I hope that the way it was said in the book, that's how the movie is going to be. No shortcuts, no tampered scenes, no holes, no whatsoever. The seventh book created a very nice story in my mind. I totally loved it! I hope the last part will finally give justice to the whole HP books.

I might not watch the 6th movie again. But, I want to see the whole movie from the DVD because as far as I'm concerned, there were cuts from what I saw tonight. Oh well, time to sleep. I want to forget this feeling. I just like to think that Harry is totally cute, and that will inspire me to wait for the last sequel til next year.

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster